LibreSprite 1.0 Development

Non-technical discussion about new features, release coordination, and general project organization
Perry Hugh
Site Admin

Re: LibreSprite 1.0 Development

Post by Perry Hugh »

If people want to do a code name, feel free, anything that makes people more excited to contribute.

MintStudios
Site Admin

Post by MintStudios »

I'm looking at the wiki, and which number step are you failing at on compiling skia?

I'm going to make an issue on GitHub for help on compiling for MacOS. This will alert MacOS users so we have a higher chance of getting a working program on Mac.

MintStudios
Site Admin

Post by MintStudios »

I'm thinking that we should utilize GitHub projects on GitHub. It will make everything more organized. I'll create one now, but if anyone has anything to add, just post it here.

Maujin111
Site Admin

Post by Maujin111 »

can you put the "rebranding" on GitHub projects? i tried it but i have not the permissions

Maujin111
Site Admin

Post by Maujin111 »

Does the installer for Windows put the program in the start menu or create any shortcuts on the desktop?

MintStudios
Site Admin

Post by MintStudios »

I know for a fact it makes a desktop shortcut

JJHaggar

Post by JJHaggar »

Please, add to the download section of the website a zip with the binaries for Windows users that prefer not using installers :)

Also, remember that the Windows installer could give warnings to some users, maybe we could warn about that on the website? (pointing users that receive these warnings when trying to install to use the portable version within the zip file).

Maujin111
Site Admin

Post by Maujin111 »

I agree to package the binaries for Windows into a zip file. When you download them to a work computer, from the moment you download it the browser locks it on the way you consider it a dangerous file and when you install it on Windows warns you that it can damage your machine or something like that. For a normal user that can be a scary thing